Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JLUrbano
Regular Visitor

Status Code 500 PowerBI Libs List Folder

Hi,
This is the problem that occurs to us:
I access a PowerBI report (.pbix) with the following URL:
https://server.domain/reports/powerbi/FolderRoot/SubfolderOne/Report1
The report loads correctly.

Then, without leaving the page, I remove the report name from the URL, leaving only the full URL up to the folder where the report is.
https://server.domain/reports/powerbi/FolderRoot/SubfolderOne/

An error has occured
Please try again later or contact technical support. Please provide these details if you contact them.
undefined:
Request Identifier: c4458468-3c79-f832-1d04-080c16c183a7
Status code: 500
Time: Wed May 03 2023 12:36:37 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)
Service version: /powerbi/libs

I appreciate the help

Thanks,
Jose Luis

6 REPLIES 6
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

What are you trying to do here? It looks like you are asking the server to open a report with a blank name which is possibly why you are getting an error. It should maybe return a 404 instead of a 500 error, but it would still be an error.

If you just want to navigate back to the parent folder you can click on the breadcrumbs in the header

d_gosbell_0-1683151784219.png

Hi d_gosbell,

Thanks for your answer.

We know that what you indicate works well. The problem is that some users access a report and instead of clicking on the folder, they delete the name of the report to be able to choose another report from the folder. And we want to prevent that from producing a 500 error. In theory, if you indicate the url in a new browser, it loads all the reports, but if you delete the name of the report, it acts differently.

Regards,

Jose Luis

@JLUrbano wrote:

In theory, if you indicate the url in a new browser, it loads all the reports, but if you delete the name of the report, it acts differently.

I cannot reproduce this. I get the error no matter if I delete the report name or if I copy the first part of the URL into a new browser window.

I think you have 2 choices:

1. Either educate your users to click on the folder or use the browser back button to go back.
  2. Or you could try raising a support ticket with Microsoft and see if they will treat this as a bug (but my guess is that they will tell you to use one of the approaches above)

Hi again,

It is important to say that when a paginated report (.rdl) is loaded and we remove the report name from the URL, the list of reports appears but in FTP format, as can be seen in the image:

https://Server.domain/reports/report/FolderRoot/ARDE

JLUrbano_0-1683265894368.png

Maybe this can give a clue. The version number also appears in case it matches the version you are testing.

A lot ot thanks,

Jose Luis

This is totally expected. The url format for paginated reports is different to the one used by Power BI Reports.

Again you should be using the folder link at the header of the report. It is a single click and is by far the easiest way to get back to a specific folder.

Hi again,

Yes, although we are teaching users to select the folder, I think it is best to open a case with Microsoft so that they can correct it, because it is an error that can occur regularly. Many thanks for everything.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.