Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

alperdincer

Publishing embedded html reports without PowerBI Online and without username/password

Hi Everyone,

We are trying publish a report from reporting server to embed in our portal, but this requires username and password to access these reports. I've tried to pass username and password with proxy servers (https://github.com/microsoft/reverse-proxy and NGINX) but this didn't solve the problem, reporting page still needs username and password. 

Also we don't want to use PowerBI online publishing tools to publish reports. We just want to publish reports with Reporting Server.

What are the alternative ways to publish these reports?

2 REPLIES 2
alperdincer

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but this solution still requires powerbi.com, right? We just want to be in house solution without need for any internet connection outside the company. 

How can we solve this problem with totally on-premise solution without a need for cloud/out service?

Best regards.

Alper.

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alperdincer ,

If there are no privacy restrictions associated with the report, my suggestion is to publish the same report on the service and then embed this report via publish to web, which does not require validation of the relevant credential information.

vhenrykmstf_0-1656320585142.png

Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

You can also refer to the following documentation.

Embed a Power BI Report Server report using an iFrame in SharePoint Server - Power BI | Microsoft Do...

If the problem is still not resolved, please point it out and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors