Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

THarmes

Problem altering a subscription / JSON reader error

Hi all,

after updating to Sep 22 Update, we have problems with changes in subscriptions to paginated reports.
We do the changes and after clicking on "Apply" we receive a "there was an error" - "sorry there was an error, please try again." message box. We hunted down the topic in the log files and found out, that in the RSPortal log file after the PUT request for the Subscription there is a warn message:
"BadRequest, Errors: An unexpected instance annotation name 'DaysOfWeek.Sunday' was found when reading from the JSON reader, In OData, Instance annotation name must start with @." 

In original it looks as following:

2022-10-17 08:00:19.1267|INFO|204|Received request PUT /api/v2.0/subscriptions(c2c964fc-149a-41b3-b578-a94e7045f41e)| RequestID = s_cc703e8e-f941-4a95-9508-8b0ebb994806 
2022-10-17 08:00:19.1892|WARN|204|BadRequest, Errors: An unexpected instance annotation name 'DaysOfWeek.Sunday' was found when reading from the JSON reader, In OData, Instance annotation name must start with @.| RequestID = s_cc703e8e-f941-4a95-9508-8b0ebb994806 

We have installed the german version of PBIRS. Any suggestions how to solve the problem?

Best regards,
Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-alipat
Employee
Employee

@jsgoergen hello,
We are working on a fix for this bug already 
As a workaround you can use shared schedule with the needed cadence for now 

@Petebro may have more details on when to expect the fix

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
jsgoergen
Frequent Visitor

Is there a way to disable the publish button that's now on by default? 

Hi @jsgoergen

Yes, you can disable the feature in your Report Server Database → ConfigurationInfo table → change "EnablePowerBIReportMigrate" property from True to False 

Thanks,

Alexandra

levj4
Frequent Visitor

The fix is released guys !!   (I've not tested it yet .... )

Download Microsoft Power BI Report Server- September 2022 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Enjoy !

Hey! Do I need to update the version of the desktop app?

I have many user computers where the September version is installed. I now see a different version of the desktop app in the latest release.

Changes in the latest release are posted here now:
Change log for Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If any of those related to PBIX file bug fixes affect you, you might want to upgrade desktop, otherwise you could probably wait until the next release (Jan/Feb 2023?)

Correction: from the release notes it looks like bug fixes were all for the server release, no new bug fix or version number was added under the PBI Desktop notes below that, so the PBI Desktop edition released with this is likely the same version last updated Oct 4.

levj4
Frequent Visitor

We also have this problem since the update to Sept 2022. Is there any news about the fix ?

Hello, 

The September 2022 release is planned to be patched with the fix before the end of the year. 

Till that time, you can consider using shared schedules as a workaround to get unblocked.  

Any update on when this fix will be available?

v-alipat
Employee
Employee

@jsgoergen hello,
We are working on a fix for this bug already 
As a workaround you can use shared schedule with the needed cadence for now 

@Petebro may have more details on when to expect the fix

TomD
Frequent Visitor

@Petebro Where will you notify us of the fix?
Do you know when this will be fixed?

Hi! 

The fix is ready, and patch for PBIRS September is planned soon, by end of this year. 

Pete will create a post announcing the new release here in the forum, and we can also ping you all here in this post. 

Reminding you about a workaround - using shared schedules (in the top navbar - click Settings → Site settings → Schedules → create a needed schedule, then use it for your subscription) 

Hi @v-alipat,

Is there any update on this?  End of the year is quickly approaching... If there is already a fix in place for this, why hasn't an update been issued?  I am checking the PBI report server change log page daily hoping to see this fix added, but still nothing.

Hi @jarretl,

The update is coming soon with a couple of other important fixes as well, that's why it took a bit longer to happen. The update will be published within the next week, and we will notify you about that. 

Thank you 

Hi @v-alipat 

I'm encoutering the same issue like the other users here. When will this patch be release? 

Thank you

It was already released a couple of weeks ago. Link is also in this thread.

Hi @FrancWest ,

I applied the patch but we're still encountering the subscription issue when changing the schedule. Any thought? 

Hi,

no clue, for me it started working again after I updated to that version.

The patch resolved my issue as well. 

Thank you all. Clearing the browser cookies/cache took care of the issue. 

Hey! Do I need to update the version of the desktop app?

I have many user computers where the September version is installed. I now see a different version of the desktop app in the latest release.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.