Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Paginated Report visual Not working With parameters

I have a paginated report based on a dataset created in power BI

the Paginated report is just a table

in Query designer I have added 2 Parameters

Dim Area   Area Name Equal [ALL] Parameter ticked

Dim Date   Month year Equal [ALL] Parameter ticked

And in Data set Properties I have reset the parameter values to the original params (ParamArea, ParamMonth) I set up for both that use a dataset to create the lists.

This all works fine in report Builder so i publish to PPU App workspace

Back to the Power BI Report. 

I have a page with a slicer for Area and a slicer for Date (Month Year) which are based on the exact things the parameters in report Builder are based on.

I add in a paginated Report page

connect to report and set parameters

ParamArea is ok. Use Default is on.

However ParamMonth is greyed out and there is an error the error hover over says 

'Select a related field to map this parameter' but its greyed out and you cant do anything with it. 

I have looked and looked and I can't see any reason why this is greyed out but the other one isnt. Does anyone have any ideas how I can start to fix this? I have googled quite a lot of documentation and I have found nothing so far

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

great, As soon as i added this I managed to sort it out,

in the paginated report Param Area had the default values set up as well as available values with get Values from a Query

The other parameter only had available values set. I set them both up the same with default values get values from a query and its now working

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
davesmith1984
Frequent Visitor

This hasn't fixed the issue for me. My parameter has default values set and works fine in Report Builder, but still greyed out in Power BI and not letting me map a Power BI field. I can load the report but dragging a field manually into the Parameters bucket makes no difference.

It has been published to a Premium workspace so should work correctly.

Never mind - I eventually got this working. The process isn't as clear as it initially appears. For anyone with a similar issue, you need to:

* drag your field into the Parameter bucket while on the parameter mapping screen, not once you've clicked off it to launch the report.

* then the field should be available in the dropdown.

CarelK
Frequent Visitor

Thanks that fixed it for me too!

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

great, As soon as i added this I managed to sort it out,

in the paginated report Param Area had the default values set up as well as available values with get Values from a Query

The other parameter only had available values set. I set them both up the same with default values get values from a query and its now working

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.