Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

prebranac7

OData Feed SharePoint List Data Refresh Issue: Too Many Lookup Columns

Hi,

I am using PBI Desktop to create a dashboard and publish it to the server. As data source, I am using OData REST service to query the data in the form of https://<SERVER_NAME/_api/web/lists(guid'<LIST_GUID>')/items?$select=Id,Title with additional columns for a total of 20. In PBI Desktop, it loads as expected and gets refreshed without a problem.

When I upload to PBI Server, the OData Source Feed refers to the root data source https://<SERVER_NAME/_api/web/lists(guid'<LIST_GUID>')/items which gives back a 500 error, saying that "the number of lookup columns it contains exceeds the lookup columns threshold enforced". That is true for the entire list but that is not what I am instructing Power BI to do.

Is there any way to refresh the prefiltered data source instead of the entire list?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
prebranac7

No one has ever encountered this?

Did you checked this ?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

I have, but it doesn't really provide useful information apart from the suggestion to increase the list view lookup column threshold, which is not really a best practice.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors