Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fbrdanplu

MashupProvider folder size keeps increasing

Hi experts,

We have a question regarding a specific situation we are having in our PowerBI server.

In the server in which PowerBI is installed, we noticed that the used disk space is increasing quickly
After a research, we detected that the folder with the problem is inside the PowerBI instalation itself: 

Server/.../Microsoft/MashupProvider/Cache

Starting two weeks ago, we are generating many GBs of data in that folders, but we cannot identify a reason.

My questions are:
1- Is there any way to program a deletion of caché and temp data in the PBI Report Server instalation? 
We know that there is a setting, but to be use with the client instalation. But what we need is to erase the data in the Server, not in our client installations.

2- Is there any way to identify if an specific object in the whole server (for instance a Dashboard) is generating tons of caché/temp data?

If you need any other information, please let me know!

Many thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fbrdanplu ,

There does not seem to be a similar best practice. See if similar official documentation can give you some help.

Preload the Cache (SSRS) - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | Microsoft Docs

How do I Clear the Report Server Cache? - Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum Community Forum

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.