Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RT3308
Helper I
Helper I

Is this a bug? SEARCH box not starting from current folder... instead starting from ROOT/Home

I'm not sure if there's just a configuration that needs to be set.  The Search box for PBIRS is searching from Root/Home and not on from the current folder location and traverse down.  Some users don't have "Browser Role" on Home but only has browser role in subfolders.  How do you configure the SEARCH functionality to start from the current location and cascade down to its subfolders?  Users are getting user permission issue because the search function is starting at HOME and it doesn't have the role set at that level.

Please help... thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes, you are right. It seems to search from the Root folder and all

you can report this issue at

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Also to overcome the situation, you can give access to all domain users to the root folder usually there is a group  "MyDomain\Domain Users" maintained in Active Directory.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes, you are right. It seems to search from the Root folder and all

you can report this issue at

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Also to overcome the situation, you can give access to all domain users to the root folder usually there is a group  "MyDomain\Domain Users" maintained in Active Directory.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors