Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ReynaldAce

Error while attempting to save report to Power BI Report Server (Jan 2023 version)

Hi Guys Need your help

We upgrade our Power BI Report Server and PBI Desktop RS to January 2023 but after the upgrade, we encounter this error 

ReynaldAce_1-1680238478854.png

here is our current version of the PBI Server

ReynaldAce_2-1680238577843.png

and this is our PBI Desktop version

ReynaldAce_3-1680238641825.png

we already tried all recommendations we found online but with no success

5 REPLIES 5
VJ1217_SH

Hi,

I got the same error when attampting to save the report which was created by desktop latest version 2.115.842(x64) to PBI report server (Jan 2023 version). I assume it's about confict on the versions.

I tied to open it in desktop RS version and edit/save it. Then upload to report server again, while it didn't work, same error. How can I downgrade the report and upload it to server? Appreciate any idea or solutions. 

Go back to where you downloaded the Desktop version from the Mcrosoft Store.  There is a matching Server version availble for you in the same download window.  None of my reports would save, as I upgraded the desktop first, then find the server version.  It was a quick INLINE upgrade (i just made a checkpoint of the VM before starting, along with backing up config file).

@VJ1217_SH wrote:

How can I downgrade the report and upload it to server? Appreciate any idea or solutions. 

You can try the techniques in this blog post Power BI Report Server – fixing “Can’t upload this report” – Random Procrastination (gosbell.com)

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

You should check the log files which are stored in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\LogFiles by default. I normally check the ReportingServicesService* and RSPowerBI* and RSPortal* logs first

Prakash_r_n

I have the similar problem as well. Wonder there is some security settings need to be changed. It even fails to upload the report through PowerBI Report Server with below error. Wow Welcome to PowerBI world of problems with no solution.

Prakash_r_n_0-1680433663098.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors