Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Reply
wdueck
New Member

Error when saving report to Power BI Report Server


January 2019 version of Power BI Desktop

January 2019 version of Report Server (on prem)

 

We are running the Power BI Desktop app on Citrix. It was all working for awhile. Then one end user couldn't launch any Citrix apps. After troubleshooting, they found that the users profile was large (>2GB) with thousands of files located in the ‘AppData\Local\Power BI Desktop’ branch of the profile.

This branch of the profile was deleted and the end user was able to launch Citrix apps again but . . . Now he gets an Unexpected Error Encountered message when he tries to save a report from the Power BI Desktop to the Report Server. He is not able to save any of his reports to the Report Server.

 

It still works for other people, just this one user is having issues.

 

The only event I see in the Report Server logs is in the RSPortal_2019_04_15_07_24_04.log. There is a Response Code of 422 associated with his attempt in this log file.

 

The 422 response code equates to "422 Unprocessable Entity (WebDAV; RFC 4918) The request was well-formed but was unable to be followed due to semantic errors."

 

This is where I need help. The resolution path can be very different for each scenario so I am hoping someone here can give guidance in this situation.

 

Thanks for your help.

Wayne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wdueck
New Member

I found the solution.

The path in the Citrix profile was misreported to me. After more research, I found that the actual path was

 

\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop SSRS

 

and then I restored the 'conf_uid' file from backups. The end user tested and has reported that the issue is resolved.

 

-Wayne

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
wdueck
New Member

I found the solution.

The path in the Citrix profile was misreported to me. After more research, I found that the actual path was

 

\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop SSRS

 

and then I restored the 'conf_uid' file from backups. The end user tested and has reported that the issue is resolved.

 

-Wayne

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.