Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wdueck

Error when saving report to Power BI Report Server

January 2019 version of Power BI Desktop

January 2019 version of Report Server (on prem)

We are running the Power BI Desktop app on Citrix. It was all working for awhile. Then one end user couldn't launch any Citrix apps. After troubleshooting, they found that the users profile was large (>2GB) with thousands of files located in the ‘AppData\Local\Power BI Desktop’ branch of the profile.

This branch of the profile was deleted and the end user was able to launch Citrix apps again but . . . Now he gets an Unexpected Error Encountered message when he tries to save a report from the Power BI Desktop to the Report Server. He is not able to save any of his reports to the Report Server.

It still works for other people, just this one user is having issues.

The only event I see in the Report Server logs is in the RSPortal_2019_04_15_07_24_04.log. There is a Response Code of 422 associated with his attempt in this log file.

The 422 response code equates to "422 Unprocessable Entity (WebDAV; RFC 4918) The request was well-formed but was unable to be followed due to semantic errors."

This is where I need help. The resolution path can be very different for each scenario so I am hoping someone here can give guidance in this situation.

Thanks for your help.

Wayne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wdueck

I found the solution.

The path in the Citrix profile was misreported to me. After more research, I found that the actual path was

\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop SSRS

and then I restored the 'conf_uid' file from backups. The end user tested and has reported that the issue is resolved.

-Wayne

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
wdueck

I found the solution.

The path in the Citrix profile was misreported to me. After more research, I found that the actual path was

\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop SSRS

and then I restored the 'conf_uid' file from backups. The end user tested and has reported that the issue is resolved.

-Wayne

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.