Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Different Data shown on different pages from the same Data Source

Hi everybody,

I have a weird situation here. I have one pbix with two pages that shows linear graphs from the same data source (Direct Query).

The graphs shows information from the same data source (same Direct Query), and in one page it shows until the last date of the data source, and in other page it shows until the previous day of the last date of the data source. This not only happend with the graphs but also with the table

Graphs in one page:

Marina_MA_1-1646992143537.png

Marina_MA_3-1646993220383.png

Graph in the other page:

Marina_MA_2-1646992277068.png

Marina_MA_4-1646993281972.png

I have used some Measures shown just in one page, such as SUM

Costes= sum(Historico[coste_alquiler])+sum(Historico[coste_materiales])+sum('Coste Personal'[Coste_Personal])

and Accumulated DAX formula this way:

HisAcumuladoAlquiler = calculate(sum('Historico'[coste_alquiler]) ,
filter(all('Historico'),
'Historico'[dia] <= max('Historico'[dia])))

Not sure where is the problem, or if these measures are afecting the graphs of one of the pages or not, but in the slicer both pages shows that there is data available until the same date:
Marina_MA_0-1646992068883.png

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Marina 

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks for your answers, but the issue was not resolved.

I just rebuilt the page and suddenly the measures started to update correctly again.... maybe something regarding page sincronization could be the root cause??

In addition to this, I have realised the following alert, which I was not able to find the solution within the community, since all the answers refers that I must acces to the Datta Source Settings to solve the problem and the Change Source button is disabled... Any help with this, please?

Marina_MA_0-1648023100413.png

Many thanks again!!

Marina Maqueda

Did you notice the yellow triangle? You can change your data sources in the Power Query script. Warning: if you end up with a different table structure you risk messing up your Power BI report.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure I have understood your point. 

I don't wanna change my Data source, my data source it is OK, and it is being update properly, although there is this warning. So my point is, How can I solve the warning? The warning is just there, but nothing is affecting it as far as I know.

Marina_MA_0-1648035003448.png

It's a warning, not an error. You can ignore it if everything works.

Going back to your original question - I assume you are aware that the Power BI Service works on UTC time, not on your local time  (unless you happen to live at GMT/UTC)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok i can ignore it, but I would rather preffer not having a warning on a Dashboard for the President of my company 🙂

The president of your company will never see that data sources property dialog 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is just for my tranquility...

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Your understanding is correct, the latest data will only be displayed when the measure is updated. Also I think you need to understand the difference between calculated column and measure.

• measure: calculates and returns results only when placed in the specified contextdoes not use memory; only when called, it uses cpu memory time
  • calculated column: calculated based on the data loaded into the data model, the results are calculated from the current context data and saved in the form of a column; occupies memory, does not occupy the cpu computing time; increases the data refresh time
  • For when it will trigger.
    measure: is used specifically (query), interaction occurs (slicer, cross-filter)
    calculated column: created for the first time; refreshes dataset

If the problem is still not resolved, please point it out. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I have found the root cause, it is because of the Measures, that are not being refreshed as it used to.. Because in one page I show data directly from the data source (and it is updated up to date), but in the other page I show Measures and they have not been updated since one week ago.

How can I make Measures to be updated again as it used to?

Many thanks for your help!

Marina 

Measures are recomputed every time the user interacts with the report visuals and filters. Calculated columns are recomputed once during dataset refresh.

It gets a little more complicated with composite data model that have local copies. Is that the case for you?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Keep in mind that with Direct Query the visuals are only updated when the user interacts with them.  But normally a switching of pages should trigger a re-query.  Use Fiddler or similar to investigate which actual queries are issues against your data source.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.