Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

macin
Frequent Visitor

True issue close date from the list of statuses

Hi,

I hit the wall while trying to calculate true cycle time per JIRA issues.

What I managed to do

1. I started with the list like this

macin_0-1661634502717.png

I managed to get to the point where next to the start date, I have an end date using the index shift of records sorted by date (based on https://youtu.be/map7WjGPXoI)

macin_1-1661634549115.png

3. I mapped granular statuses to status category

macin_2-1661634744930.png

4. Now what I am struggling with is the next step. Observations

* Earliest start date - to know when something was created

* Earliest "In progress" occurence to understand when someone started working on the issue 

* Earliest "Done" occurence, which is not followed by any other statuses different than "Done"

I have a special case which I have no idea how to report on corectly:

macin_3-1661634973480.png

1. There is an early status change to "Done" on 18/05/22. But seeing the rest of the entries, I cannot take this initial Done as completion date, because the true completion date is 15/07/22. 

2. Additional challenge I have is that there may be many status changes within a day. I should report the latest one on the day only. Not sure how to approach this problem either.

I am not looking for step by step instructions (although anything like that would be nice). Could you direct me please to some blogs or videos, where similar challenge is well described?

I'd love to learn to solve above.

My final report should consist of number of started issues and number of closed issues per day and/or month.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
ronrsnfld
Super User
Super User

I don't think you need your intermediate steps, unless for some other reporting requirement.  Just GroupBy the Key and then apply your algorithm to each subtable, using a custom aggregation.

After you've done that, you can check on the started/finished numbers per month.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors