Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

MichaelJ64
Frequent Visitor

Troubleshooting - calculate only current step

Hello community,

Is it possible to tell the power query editor to only recalculate the current step?  I am finessing my code and at the moment when I test, it (seems to) fetch my data again.  I don't need it to do that, indeed I don't want it to as it is very slow (previous question on NOT importing Excel named ranges only their names but on my system 'Excel.Workbook' generates not only a table showing the contents, but also reads in each).

Many thanks,

Michael J.  (new to Power BI)

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @MichaelJ64 

when you loaded data of a query into BI and you don't want that this data is reloaded, unflag the "enable load"

Jimmy801_0-1601194096814.png

Copy paste this code to the advanced editor in a new blank query to see how the solution works.

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for your help.  I had a go with your approach but sadly it hasn't helped.

I also ran into the problem with Table.AddIndexColumn wandering off into another dimension. I have programmed around this one.

Michael J.

P.S.  Thank you for your prompt response and I apologise rudeness in being so slow to acknowledge your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors