Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rajrajsha
Frequent Visitor

Time converting

Hi, I have a requirment with Time format.

- Time format in Excel is "6h 32m"

- I want to convert this with Power query in the form of "6:53". Where minute(32) is divided with 60.

I tried this in many ways but no luck as of now.. Can someone guide me in this pleae. 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @rajrajsha 

My guess is that the original data contains decimal in m, like 0h 34.8m? Modify it a little bit

If you use 2, then 32m will be 53.33

Text.BeforeDelimiter([Column1],"h")&":"&  Text.From( Number.Round( Number.From(Text.BetweenDelimiters([Column1],"h","m"))*100/60,2))

Or you can go with

Text.BeforeDelimiter([Column1],"h")&":"&  Text.From( Number.Round( Number.From(Text.BetweenDelimiters([Column1],"h","m"))*100/60))

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Vera_33
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @rajrajsha 

Vera_33_0-1644219197286.png

Text.BeforeDelimiter([Column1],"h")&":"& Text.From( Number.Round( Number.From(Text.BetweenDelimiters([Column1],"h","m"))/60,2)*100)

@Vera_33,

Hi

First of all thanks for attempting my query.

From long time i have been trying with multiple steps to get the above result, but not found exact output. But you cracked it with only single step.. That was really awsome.

Please find the below image, where i see two dots in the result not sure how to get out of this. I tried with RoundDown and RoundUp but no use.  Could you please help me out of this.. Rest all works fine 

Time.JPG

Thanks for the Support

Hi @rajrajsha 

My guess is that the original data contains decimal in m, like 0h 34.8m? Modify it a little bit

If you use 2, then 32m will be 53.33

Text.BeforeDelimiter([Column1],"h")&":"&  Text.From( Number.Round( Number.From(Text.BetweenDelimiters([Column1],"h","m"))*100/60,2))

Or you can go with

Text.BeforeDelimiter([Column1],"h")&":"&  Text.From( Number.Round( Number.From(Text.BetweenDelimiters([Column1],"h","m"))*100/60))

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors