Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hachishti
Frequent Visitor

This dataset includes a dynamic data source. Since dynamic data sources aren't refreshed in the Pow

Hello Guys...!

I'm getting an error in Datasource while using the below function in Power Query.

-------------------------------------

let
baseURL = "https://myorg.sharepoint.com/sites/PWA/_api/ProjectData/Projects()?$Filter=ProjectType ne 7",
Source = OData.Feed(baseURL, null, [Implementation="2.0"]),
#"Removed Other Columns1" = Table.SelectColumns(Source,{"ProjectId", "ProjectName", "ProjectWorkspaceInternalUrl"}),
#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Removed Other Columns1", "GetWeeklyUpdatesDataColumn", each LoadWeeklyUpdateData([ProjectWorkspaceInternalUrl])),
#"Expanded GetWeeklyUpdatesDataColumn" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Added Custom", "GetWeeklyUpdatesDataColumn", {"Id", "Title", "KeyAchievements", "NextSteps", "Escalations", "ID"}, {"GetWeeklyUpdatesDataColumn.Id.1", "GetWeeklyUpdatesDataColumn.Title", "GetWeeklyUpdatesDataColumn.KeyAchievements", "GetWeeklyUpdatesDataColumn.NextSteps", "GetWeeklyUpdatesDataColumn.Escalations", "GetWeeklyUpdatesDataColumn.ID"}),
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Expanded GetWeeklyUpdatesDataColumn", each ([GetWeeklyUpdatesDataColumn.ID] <> null)),
#"Sorted Rows" = Table.Sort(#"Filtered Rows",{{"GetWeeklyUpdatesDataColumn.ID", Order.Descending}}),
#"--StartFindMaxId" = #"Sorted Rows",
GetMaxId = Table.Group(#"--StartFindMaxId", {"ProjectId"}, {{"MaxID", each List.Max([GetWeeklyUpdatesDataColumn.ID]), type number}}),
#"--EndFindMaxId" = #"--StartFindMaxId",
#"Merged Queries" = Table.NestedJoin(#"--EndFindMaxId", {"ProjectId"}, #"GetMaxId", {"ProjectId"}, "--EndFindMaxId", JoinKind.LeftOuter),
#"Expanded --EndFindMaxId" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Merged Queries", "--EndFindMaxId", {"MaxID"}, {"MaxID"}),
#"Added Custom1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Expanded --EndFindMaxId", "MatchMaxID", each [MaxID] = [GetWeeklyUpdatesDataColumn.ID]),
#"Filtered Rows1" = Table.SelectRows(#"Added Custom1", each ([MatchMaxID] = true))
in
#"Filtered Rows1"

10 REPLIES 10
Marcky
Frequent Visitor

if you could help us here @ghoshabhijeet 

@Marcky  Sure. I can help you on this. Please provide the pbix file.

Hi @ghoshabhijeet i sent it to you already. Thank you so much for your reply

Thanks @Marcky for sharing the file. I have replied to your message. Please check.

Hi @ghoshabhijeet  ive sent you the updated

@Marcky  Please check my reply. Thanks !

Marcky
Frequent Visitor

is this resolve? im having the same issue and we also have the same source https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/This-dataset-includes-a-dynamic-data-source-Since-dynamic-d...

please share your resolution if its resolved thanks.

Jayaselvan
Helper II
Helper II

Could you please share the error message?

Sharing an error snaphot is good or the pbi file is the best.

hi @Jayaselvan , Thanks for your reply.

below is the error screenshot

hachishti_0-1661529667692.png

Moreover, I have updated the Power Query which causes the above error in refreshing the data source. In the PBIX file, there is no issue, once I publish the pbix and then refresh the error occurs. 

@hachishti  Could you please share the pbix file ? If yes, please upload the file on a cloud drive and share the link. If you want you can share the link on private message. Thanks !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors