Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

GokulKannan42
Frequent Visitor

Sybase Database Connector

Hi,

Steps I have done

1. I created a custom connector in Power query.
  2. Writen code as,    let
                                     Source = Sybase.Database("localhost:1111", "DataBaseName")
                                 in
                                     Source;
  3. Copied the .mez file to Power BI Desktop --> Custom Connectors folder
  4. Open Power BI Desktop App and selected GetData Option
  5. In the connector list I am able to see my Connector.
  6. Once choosen my Connector it is popupping error message like, Unabel to Connect Credientials Required.
  7. I am  new to Power Query, Power bi Please tell me that how to add authentication and pass the crediantials to Sybase Database.

Error.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
GokulKannan42
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Now I can be able to connect with my sybase database through ODBC.Datasource() function instead of Sybase.Database() and also I have give Authorization[usernamePassword()] so it is asking db user name and password(working fine). I have created a connector and it is working fine with Power BI Desktop. I have published my Power BI application to cloud, now I am getting an error message as "Failed to update the datasource credientials" while I am  trying to update my database credientials in "Data Source Credientials" option. I have searched alot, I got some suggestions like Disabling MFA authentication, install new gate way like that. I have tried the solutions which is suggested. Still I am  getting the same error message.

photo_2020-12-04_12-24-14.jpg

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@GokulKannan42 

Can't you edit and enter the credential of Sybase Database to continue?

Regards
Paul

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors