Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mederic
Helper V
Helper V

Specific Calendar template

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum,
Please excuse me if this topic has already been discussed.
I have an Excel file with a date column and would like to get the same template as the below.

Also, is it possible to attach Excel files to this forum?

Thank you in advance for your help

Regards

Calendar.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Mederic 

You can download an M query script of a date table from the following blog: All in One: Script to Create Date Dimension in Power BI using Power Query - RADACAD

After getting a date table from it, you can modify its steps to meet your own requirements. If you want some new columns, you can add custom columns. Here is a blog including how to create some custom columns. Create Calendar Table Using Power Query M Language (mssqltips.com)

If you want some speficial columns, you can tell us the logic to get them and provide some sample expected result here, so we can try to help provide some M scripts to get them. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mederic
Helper V
Helper V

Hello @Greg_Deckler ,

Thank you for your answer but I am not sure I understood everything.

I am unfortunately not an English speaker.
Probably I did not explain myself well,
Will this new image make the explanation clearer ?

Thanks in advance

ReCalendar_V2.jpggards

Hi @Mederic 

You can download an M query script of a date table from the following blog: All in One: Script to Create Date Dimension in Power BI using Power Query - RADACAD

After getting a date table from it, you can modify its steps to meet your own requirements. If you want some new columns, you can add custom columns. Here is a blog including how to create some custom columns. Create Calendar Table Using Power Query M Language (mssqltips.com)

If you want some speficial columns, you can tell us the logic to get them and provide some sample expected result here, so we can try to help provide some M scripts to get them. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Dear  @v-jingzhang 
Thank you very much for your message and the links which will be very useful to me.

The Calendar script is very handy and will be useful in many cases.

I will be able to continue reproducing the exercise in the link below as I am particularly interested in this subject : https://jiaopengzi.com/996.html 
I put this thread in resolution but if someone has already made this type of template, I am interested

Thanks again to the Power BI community

Regards

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Mederic So the easiest way would be to simply import that Excel table into Power BI as your date table...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors