Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Yorrick

Sample billing overview datasets.

Hello There,

For my own startup ive got a massive Excel file with all our billing information in there. This means, an endless ammount of rows with project names, dates followed by the amounts billable per month (thats right, one column for each month). However, i am having some trouble making this data useable in Power BI.

Im relatively new to the programme but am quite a quick learner when it comes to computers. I guess what i am really looking for is a sample billing overview for an organization (may be a hypothetical case file) but just to see how each kolom is organized so i can start to reorganize my own excel file!

In the end, my file should be able to provide a quick financial overview of my company.

Thanks in advance,

Yorrick Mentink

1 REPLY 1
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Yorrick I guess what you're asking for is sample financial report that you can use to build for your own organisation right ? Since you've mentioned that in your excel you have one column for each month I would suggest you to use Pivot feature in power bi desktop and convert all those columns into rows so you have atleast manageable dataset that you can use to do time based analysis. Check out this for some available sample reports in power bi service that may help you get what you want.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors