Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Alicia83B
Helper I
Helper I

Replace Values in Power Query Based on Conditions

I have an Opportunities Table with a column for Territory and Seller. I currently am replacing Mary’s territory from 1 to 16 using the below formula.

= Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type1", "Chng Territory", each if [Assigned To] = "Mary" and [Territory] >=1 then "16" else [Territory])

However, I have two more sellers, Tim and Robin, that I need to add to the formula, but get an error message when I add “Mary” or “Tim” or “Robin” to my above formula.

Thank you in advance for taking a look at this and providing any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vijay_A_Verma
Super User
Super User

Replace if condition with either of these (2nd one is useful if you have many names)

if ([Assigned To] = "Mary" or [Assigned To] = "Tim" or [Assigned To] = "Robin") and [Territory] >=1 then "16" else [Territory]

if List.Contains({"Mary","Tim","Robin"},[Assigned To]) and [Territory] >=1 then "16" else [Territory]

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Alicia83B
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you @Vijay_A_Verma  for your help! 

Vijay_A_Verma
Super User
Super User

Replace if condition with either of these (2nd one is useful if you have many names)

if ([Assigned To] = "Mary" or [Assigned To] = "Tim" or [Assigned To] = "Robin") and [Territory] >=1 then "16" else [Territory]

if List.Contains({"Mary","Tim","Robin"},[Assigned To]) and [Territory] >=1 then "16" else [Territory]

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors