Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mpk
Frequent Visitor

Refresh failing in online but working in desktop version with out any issue.

Hi ,

I am creating a simple drag and drop report on a snowflake DB view without any transformation. Report seems to be working fine and refreshing in desktop version ( import mode) but when i am publishing it online and doing dataset refresh a very cryptic error is coming . Please help.

Something went wrong

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

• Data source error{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The key didn't match any rows in the table."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Key","detail":{"type":1,"value":"[Name = \"ITAI_DB\", Kind = \"Database\"]"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Expression.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: AIP_IBSA_CHNG_MNGMT_REPORT_VEW.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

@mpk 

The error statement "Key did't match any rows in the table" usually refers to the fact that the table or source object is missing from the database. 

Suppose I have a Data Source connected to an Excel tab. Everything works fine, and I have my Gateway Data Source pointing to that Excel file. I then go in and delete that tab. I will get an error "Key didn't match any rows in the table".

Possible causes:

1) the table is actually NOT there anymore, but this doesn't sound likely

2) the user account as specified in the Gateway Data Source does not have permissions to view or see this object. This is more likely. 

Tre editing the Gateway Data Source and use the SAME CREDENTIALS you used when setting up the connection in Power BI Desktop. The results, either positive or negative, will tell you something.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
VBLOT
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

I can also add that the issue for me was on the Dataflows credentials in the Gateway connections

ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

@mpk 

The error statement "Key did't match any rows in the table" usually refers to the fact that the table or source object is missing from the database. 

Suppose I have a Data Source connected to an Excel tab. Everything works fine, and I have my Gateway Data Source pointing to that Excel file. I then go in and delete that tab. I will get an error "Key didn't match any rows in the table".

Possible causes:

1) the table is actually NOT there anymore, but this doesn't sound likely

2) the user account as specified in the Gateway Data Source does not have permissions to view or see this object. This is more likely. 

Tre editing the Gateway Data Source and use the SAME CREDENTIALS you used when setting up the connection in Power BI Desktop. The results, either positive or negative, will tell you something.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks, this prompted me to find the answer.  We have three Devs and no service account, so using linked dataflows in the service just uses one of our personal accounts.  I didn't realise that someone had changed the connection to their login and that didn't have access to one of the sources (it was a new test workspace).

Granted all devs access to the workspace and it worked.

mpk
Frequent Visitor

@ToddChitt,

thanks. Changing DB credentials fixed it 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors