Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nile

Published report when refreshed shows date and data for December 2023

Hi all, I have developed a sales report.  The pbix file shows correct dates and data (current data i.e. May 2023) even when refreshed on pbix file, however when I publish and it get refreshed the reporting date (latest reporting date e.g. 19-05-2023) change to some December 2023 date and even data against it.  Though, of course there is not data beyond May 2023. 

• I checked the date table as date table and the column of date as date.
  • I have checked the date in the facts table that if is formated as date.
Snip from PBIX file - which is correctNile_0-1684640619690.png

Snip from publised reportNile_0-1684649856637.png

A diagnostic from the above for MTD is below:

Nile_1-1684649921551.png

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

in the power bi desktop file go to power query and make a step on the column data to data type "locale" select date, and specify the regional or country base date formate you want, this will avoid that if your pbix file and service service suspcroption are on a different region this will ensure to maintain the data or hour intigrity between them. 

hope this helps. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

Thanks Stefano, but how do I implement it.

Thanks Nile

Nile

Implemented and solved.  Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Nile

Implemented and solved.  Thanks 

Nile

Stefano, what I mean is that, will I have to do it for each of the column in all the fact tables.  I have 4 fact tables with no. of columns ranging between 4 to 12.

Thanks Nile

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

in the power bi desktop file go to power query and make a step on the column data to data type "locale" select date, and specify the regional or country base date formate you want, this will avoid that if your pbix file and service service suspcroption are on a different region this will ensure to maintain the data or hour intigrity between them. 

hope this helps. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks Stefano, but how do I implement it.

Thanks Nile

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors