Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Carl1985
Helper I
Helper I

Privacy Levels PowerQuery

Hello everybody, 

I have a problem with privacy levels in PowerQuery. If I'm using mit Queris in the office and update the queries everythink is working fine, if i'm going to use the Querys in homeoffice via vpn i have to set the privacy levels again. Doing so in homeoffice everything is working fine again. Back in office I have to set privacy levels again. 

Sometimes I'm getting a notice message to set privacy levels again and can choose if it is okay. Sometimes PowerQuery just updates the queries without a notice message. It seems that the query is updated, but in truth nothing is happend. I just can see a warning triangle if I'm going to fade in the connections on the right side. 

Is there a possibility that everytime I get a notice message for setting privacy levels? 

To circumvent this issue I also thougt about using two different queries. On in company and one in homeoffice with vpn, so that I always have the same privacy leves and the same network. Do you think this will work? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Carl1985 ,

Is that your problem solved? 

If so, please mark the reply as the solution. More people will benefit.

If not, please provide me with more details.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Carl1985 ,

The privacy level is also a guarantee of the security of the data source, and it should be carefully considered.

You can modifying the privacy level setting and choosing the third one(Always ignore...) for global.

GLOBAL-Privacy

vstephenmsft_0-1676516235391.png

If you just want modify the current file, go to CURRENT FILE-Privcay Levels.

vstephenmsft_1-1676516430732.png

Set privacy levels (Power Query) - Microsoft Support

Understand Power BI Desktop privacy levels - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Also here's a similar post, please kindly refer to

Solved: Problem with privacy levels when using PowerQuery ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors