Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SamaS
Regular Visitor

Power Query : rename multiple columns dynamically

Hello,

I'm using Power Query and Power BI. I use extractions from an automaton and a file allowing me to translate the name of the columns into something understandable.
There are a lot of columns, I would like to find on power query a function allowing me to rename the columns of my table automatically using the 2nd "translation" file

For example: my column name is: "PoofliW" the function would find its translation in the file and automatically replace "PoofliW" with "Power of lights (W)"

Thanks a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ouaelaam
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

I had a similar need and followed the instructions in this blog post :
https://biinsight.com/a-power-query-custom-function-to-rename-all-columns-at-once-in-a-table/

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ouaelaam
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

I had a similar need and followed the instructions in this blog post :
https://biinsight.com/a-power-query-custom-function-to-rename-all-columns-at-once-in-a-table/

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors