Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

c_d_m

Power Query First Load when opening dashboard

I have a big data set therfore im using power query i need to create a basic table with all the information. I made it so that when teh date isn´t filtered the measure returns null yet when i try to make the same for dimensions it says power query does not support this type of dimensions. 

Is there a way to stop the query unless values are selected? as for example when the user opens the report i don´t want it to make a query i want the user to select some values and afterwards send the query is this possible?

If not how should i change this so direct query allows it?:

The measure i created is the following:

YourMeasure =
IF (
ISFILTERED('DateTable'[DateColumn]) && ISFILTERED('CustomerTable'[CustomerNumberColumn]),
-- Show your values here when both slicers are selected
SUM('YourDataTable'[YourValueColumn]),
-- Show null when either or both slicers are not selected
BLANK()
)

2 REPLIES 2
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@c_d_m 

If I understood your issue well then Apply All Button should work for you where the queries will be sent to the DB once your make sure slicer selections and click on this button. 

Please refer this article for details: Create Apply all and Clear all slicers buttons in reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Thanks for the answer, but is there a way so that the query is sent only if the slicers are selected and not when the dashboard is first opened ? Im supponsing that when a user opens for the first time there is nothing selected and a full query is sent to the DB. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors