Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mederic
Helper V
Helper V

Power Query/Dax documentation software

Hello everyone,

Sorry in advance if my question is off topic,
I would like to create a personal documentation on Power Query or Dax using a software to take notes, copy captures, create links, paste codes, tags, quick and practical manipulations.
I have some basic knowledge of software such as Onenote and Evernote but I am sure there are easier and more convenient applications to use.

I also have a Mind Map software but I find it not very suitable for large documentation
Do you have any suggestions for software that is very practical to use, even if the software is not free?

Thanks in advance

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
Mederic
Helper V
Helper V

Hello everyone,

I found in this link some very interesting applications and sometimes with free versions so I share,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H3ISMFkUuQ 

Best Regards

Mederic
Helper V
Helper V

Thank you @lbendlin ,
In fact, I don't really need to run code but the ability to add all sorts of frames that can be easily formatted into text, script/code, image areas...
I will indeed look among notebook applications and around for equivalents to Jupiter
Have a nice day

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Use Notebooks  (like Jupyter Notebooks) to combine executable code snippets with documentation.

Hello @lbendlin ,

Thank you for your message, I didn't know about Jupiter Notebook
I woke up early this morning to watch some videos about this software and it looks very interesting at first sight.
I will take my time to watch more videos about it and eventually move on to using it.
I have several questions about this software at the moment:
- Which version is the best?
- If it's not a heavy software
- How to set up Jupiter correctly when installing it
- if I need to have some knowledge of Python because I am a beginner in this field
But I think it's worth looking into, especially for learning a new language like Python.

Thanks again to you

Regards

Note that was only an example. There are other types of notebook apps.  They do not require Python, they can run code from many different sources including SQL, Power Query, and DAX.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors