Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FrankWoody
Helper I
Helper I

Power Challenge

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.
I'm developing a project that I need to track the progress of my activities. The connection to my database takes place in real time directly from Ms planner, to do this monitoring so I thought of the following method.
1st I have a table that connects me directly with planner. So this is tb1.
2nd I duplicated the tb1 and created the tb2, in the tb2 I disabled the update so that it would serve as a history that I can use to compare the progress of the tb1.
3rd However, it may be possible to add new tasks on tb1 that I don't have on tb2, so I need to add this information on tb2 and save this information in it for the next updates.
I've thought about using dax functions to create custom tables, but it still didn't work out, I wanted to know if it's possible to do this manipulation with Dax or Powerquery. Share ideas and methods I'm open to suggestions Thank you all.

Vijay_A_Verma
@Vijay_A_Verma 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @FrankWoodyblue ,

I think you may have to use R/Python to export data as snapshot of historical data when the data source is refreshed.

Schedule Automated Data Exports from Power BI using a simple R/Python Script 

Best Regards,
Winniz

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FrankWoodyblue
Frequent Visitor

This really helps, however, when you bring up a tasks D, value 6. when the next update occurs and there is some change in the Value of D, I won't be able to track what the previous value was to make a comparison, you know?

Hi @FrankWoodyblue ,

I think you may have to use R/Python to export data as snapshot of historical data when the data source is refreshed.

Schedule Automated Data Exports from Power BI using a simple R/Python Script 

Best Regards,
Winniz

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FrankWoody ,

Please use DAX to create a new table.

newtable2 =
UNION ( Table2, FILTER ( Table1, NOT Table1[task] IN VALUES ( Table2[task] ) ) )

Test results:
After updating the data source, Table 1:

vkkfmsft_0-1657679124451.png

Table 2:

vkkfmsft_1-1657679140230.png

newtable 2:

vkkfmsft_2-1657679176793.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors