Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dlane

Need Help Getting Data

Hello! So the data I am trying to pull is from a file that was shared using the process native to the file explorer for windows 11. Like this. 

dlane_0-1686153069232.png

We need to pull data from this file into power query so we can create a report on it. Is it possible to pull data into power query when it has been shared in this way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

yes, you would use the Folder connector.  Note that this is not recommended as you would then also need a gateway for the Power BI Service refresh. Better place that file on a sharepoint.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

yes, you would use the Folder connector.  Note that this is not recommended as you would then also need a gateway for the Power BI Service refresh. Better place that file on a sharepoint.

Unfortunately the folder location cannot be changed to a sharepoint. I wish it was. I guess we will simply have to set up a gateway. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors