Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

doronhgg
Regular Visitor

My Intellisense dos not working in my Power Query Editor for Excel

I recently bought the office 365 version and also connected to Microsoft's beta alerts, however when I work with the Power Query editor as an empty query and while typing functions in the formula bar, the functions do not appear while typing (no auto-completion). Instead, I have to manually type it in with case sensitivity in mind. When checking under the settings of the PQ, I don't see the option to add Enable M intellisense, nor did I find an answer to the problem online.

I would be happy to help on this matter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
doronhgg
Regular Visitor

OK, Then
after a long conversation (almost two hours) with a Microsoft support person, we came to the conclusion that it does not work in the Hebrew version of power query, these are only in the English version, as of this time.

Many thanks to everyone who helped or tried to help

How do I close this topic (well, in the end I didn't get a solution from this forum)?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
doronhgg
Regular Visitor

OK, Then
after a long conversation (almost two hours) with a Microsoft support person, we came to the conclusion that it does not work in the Hebrew version of power query, these are only in the English version, as of this time.

Many thanks to everyone who helped or tried to help

How do I close this topic (well, in the end I didn't get a solution from this forum)?

Hello @doronhgg, it is unfortunate that this Intellisense is limited to the English Language at this time according to Microsoft Support.    Please consider opening a new Idea  to have support for the Hebrew language added to Power Query, Power BI Desktop, and Power BI Service.

Regarding closing the topic.   As you participated in the forum conversation, it is appropriate that you mark your last reply (sought assistance from Microsoft Support with the outcome that the feature is not

supported at this time) as the Solution.  That will allow others who search on the issue to quickly identify that 

Microsoft Support has advised that at this time Intellisense when the language is set to Hebrew is not 

supported at this time.

doronhgg
Regular Visitor

hi

Is there a way to transfer it to the issues forum, as it is, or should I close and rewrite everything?

thanks

Copy your original question and paste it with any additional context necessary.

foodd
Super User
Super User

Have you verified within Power Query Options for the Power Query Editor and Formula that "Enable M Intellisense in the formula bar, advanced editor, and custom column dialog" has a checkmark next to it?

Refer to Ken Puls aged blog post on the subject that is helpful.  

Power Query Intellisense and Highlighting in Excel

Steps to enable or disable Intellisense support in Excel for Power Query

1. Open Power Query Editor
  2. File | Options and settings | Query Options | Global | Power Query Editor | Formula >
  3.     enable by adding a checkmark to the left of 
  4.            Enable M Intellisense in the formula bar, advanced editor, and custom column dialog.
  5. Click OK.
  6. Close Power Query Editor
  7. Open Power Query Editor
  8. Create a new blank query and test that Intellisense is active.

foodd_2-1691926945123.png

foodd_1-1691926727078.png

Hi, thanks for the reply

I forgot to mention that my office is in the Hebrew version

And in this version I don't have the formula option, as you can see in the screenshot.

In the English version, there is no problem, and it works fine.

Best regards
Doron

doronhgg_0-1691949237679.png

What version of Microsoft Office is this?   Is it a Subscription, and what level of Subscription?  Please reply with the Version and Build information from Excel or Microsoft Office and add that information to a reply.

For example, this is a screenshot from Microsoft 365 and an E3 Plan.  As well, the installation

is on the BETA Channel.   What Operating System, and is this 32-Bit or 64-Bit?

foodd_0-1691950034263.png

thise is my version

doronhgg_0-1691950533064.png

Thank you.  A question, are you a Staff or a Student at Peres?   This Information Technology Support folks there would be your next logical step for assistance.

In the past I was a Peres student, not anymore, I just have the license of the office.
Regardless, as you can probably see, I also have the license for Microsoft Office personal

Royel
Helper II
Helper II

@doronhgg  You should put this in the issues forum where the product team will see it. 

Regards
Royel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors