Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlleynMacGregor
Frequent Visitor

Multiply value based on variable in same column

Hi,

I have a basket of goods, with multiple units of measure, "each", carton quantity's "C6", "C4", "C8" etc.. and a pallet unit of measure "PLT S".

The unit of measures are all in one column, with the corresponding QTY for the unit of measure in another column. See sample data below:

itemNocodeqtyperUnitofMeasure
CarrotsEACH1
CarrotsC66
CarrotsPLT5
CarrotsPLT S49
PotatoesC1212
PotatoesEACH1
PotatoesPLT S50
BeetrootPLT S27
BeetrootEACH1
BeetrootC88

In the above sample data, the code column will can have the "C8", "C6" etc.. in a different row order.

The carton quantity for "C8" has 8 "each" and a "PLT S" quatity of 50 has 50 cartons. I need this calcuated to how many "each" per "PLT S". i.e. 8 x 50 = 400 "each ", meaning one "PLT S" has 400 "each".

The lowest unit of measure will always be an "each".

Any help greatly appricated.

3 REPLIES 3
Frequent Visitor

let

Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Table1"]}[Content],

#"Sorted Rows" = Table.Sort(Source,{{"Item", Order.Ascending}, {"Code", Order.Ascending}}),

#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Sorted Rows", "Custom", each if [Code] ="PLT S" then [Value] else null),

#"Filled Up" = Table.FillUp(#"Added Custom",{"Custom"}),

#"Added Custom1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Filled Up", "Custom.1", each [Value]*[Custom]),

#"Added Custom2" = Table.AddColumn(#"Added Custom1", "Custom.2", each if Text.Start([Code],1)="C" then [Custom.1] else null),

#"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Added Custom2",{"Value", "Custom", "Custom.1"}),

#"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Removed Columns",{{"Custom.2", "Each final"}})

in

#"Renamed Columns"

AlleynMacGregor
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

In my example the "PLT S" is how many "Cx" are on a pallet. So using the table for Carrots the "PLT S" is 49, and the cartons is "C6", meaning I have 294 EACh on 1 x "PLT S". 

This is what I need to calculate for each "PLT S", how many "EACH" on a "PLT S".

Frequent Visitor

you recheck. According to the table above, c8 should be 8x 27 right?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors