Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

afif_hazim
Regular Visitor

Merge 2 tables and create new rows

Dear experts, I am looking for a way to merge or append the Talent Partners table and Month table.

I have 2 tables, table 1 is Talent Partners that have 1 column with list of TP and table 2 is Month with 2 columns that have list of month number and month name.

The goal that I want to achieve is to have a table that have a list of Talent Partners for every month. E.g. If I have 6 Talent Partners, I should have 72 rows with list of months and TP for every month.

I have try to appended and merged both tables month and TP but the result is shown as per below image. Some of the rows created null value instead of merging the table and created new rows of TP with different month.

image.png

Your advice is highly appreciated! Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @afif_hazim ,

In your case, you just add a custom column contains the table and then expand it.

vstephenmsft_0-1689923351598.pngvstephenmsft_1-1689923359688.png

vstephenmsft_2-1689923370117.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @afif_hazim ,

In your case, you just add a custom column contains the table and then expand it.

vstephenmsft_0-1689923351598.pngvstephenmsft_1-1689923359688.png

vstephenmsft_2-1689923370117.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

Mahesh0016
Super User
Super User

@afif_hazim Please refer below M Code. I hope this helps you. Thank you!!

let
Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45W8krMU9JRMlSK1YlWcktNArKNwGzfxCIg2xjMdiwAsU2g4pVAtimY7VUK0msGZecA2eYQ9aXpQLYFmB2cWgBkW4LZ/sklILsMwBy//DIQB2KzS2oyiAO0OhYA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [#"Month Name" = _t, #"Month Index" = _t]),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Month Name", type text}, {"Month Index", Int64.Type}}),
#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Partners", each #"Talent Partners"),
#"Expanded Partners" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Added Custom", "Partners", {"TP"}, {"Partners.TP"})
in
#"Expanded Partners"

Mahesh0016_0-1689771060888.pngMahesh0016_1-1689771084108.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors