Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

arsm
Frequent Visitor

How to combine Date Hour in power query

Hello, I'm new to power bi, how do i combine date and hour into column 

result im lookig from  2/15/2023 14:32:45  to  2/15/2023 14:0:0  i want to remove minutes and seconds and keep the format as date/time

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ronrsnfld
Super User
Super User

in Power BI, you can add a new column:

Date-hr = Time(hour([Column1]),0,0) + Int([Column1])

View solution in original post

collinsg
Super User
Super User

Good day arsm,

Power Query provides a function Time.StartOfHour, for example if your datetime column is called "DateTime" and your previous steps is called "Previous Step", this code will transform the column to give the start of the hour and retain the type as datetime.

= Table.TransformColumns(#"Previous Step",{{"DateTime", Time.StartOfHour, type datetime}})

This transformation is available via the GUI on the "Transform" tab, "Date & Time Column" area and "Time", "Hour", "Start of Hour".

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
collinsg
Super User
Super User

Good day arsm,

Power Query provides a function Time.StartOfHour, for example if your datetime column is called "DateTime" and your previous steps is called "Previous Step", this code will transform the column to give the start of the hour and retain the type as datetime.

= Table.TransformColumns(#"Previous Step",{{"DateTime", Time.StartOfHour, type datetime}})

This transformation is available via the GUI on the "Transform" tab, "Date & Time Column" area and "Time", "Hour", "Start of Hour".

Hope this helps

arsm
Frequent Visitor

Thank you collinsg

ronrsnfld
Super User
Super User

in Power BI, you can add a new column:

Date-hr = Time(hour([Column1]),0,0) + Int([Column1])

Thank you ronrsnfld 

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors