Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I link Outlook 365 with Power BI?

How do I link Outlook 365 with Power BI?

I have tried using both Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Exchange Online and it works to link my own email but even with both the App Password and the User Password I am unable to link another email address

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

Firstly, please check if you have installed the latest version of power bi desktop 2.68.5432.841

In addition, please check the steps below. Assuming that you want to connect the data of A@microsoft.com.

1. Get Data>> More>>Online Service>>Microsoft Exchange Online

2. Type the mailbox address: A@microsoft.com

3. Select the Microsoft account type

4. Sign in the A@microsoft.com and enter password

5. Then you could see load the data

If you still need help, please share your steps and the screenshots so that I could understand your situation better.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Daniel_200004
Regular Visitor

I connected to outlook online but when I upload the calendar the appointment times are advanced by 5 hours, why?

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have a little confused about your scenario.

By my tests, I could connect with Microsoft Exchange Online with two different email address in the same pbix file.

data source.png

I'm not clear what problems do you have. 

If it is convenient, could you describe your sceanrio in more details and share the error message if you have so that we could help further on it.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cherry

So when I try to link the additional emails from other uses I get an error which says "Failed to authenticate"

Kind Regards

Hi @Anonymous ,

Which authentication do you select?

I used Microsoft account and then you enter the account and password which is email account you connected.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

So I tried both Microsoft Exchange Online and Microsoft Exchange as the data source and both work correctly when connecting to my email but if I try to use another member of my companies mail then it fails to authenticate

Kind Regards

Hi @Anonymous ,

When you connect with other's Microsoft Exchange Online, which account do you use for authenticate?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

Using the email's credentials I want to link

Hi @Anonymous,

Firstly, please check if you have installed the latest version of power bi desktop 2.68.5432.841

In addition, please check the steps below. Assuming that you want to connect the data of A@microsoft.com.

1. Get Data>> More>>Online Service>>Microsoft Exchange Online

2. Type the mailbox address: A@microsoft.com

3. Select the Microsoft account type

4. Sign in the A@microsoft.com and enter password

5. Then you could see load the data

If you still need help, please share your steps and the screenshots so that I could understand your situation better.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors