Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

juanito
Frequent Visitor

How can I JOIN or create relationships between batch and real time data on Power BI?

Hi everyone,

I need to JOIN  or create a relationship between two streams of data: a batch table from SQL Server and a live data stream from Azure Stream Analytics. How can I do that? I need to have both data in the same report. 

If not JOIN or RELATIONSHIP also the possibility to do an APPEND would be useful. Can I do that on Power BI Desktop or Service?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @juanito,

It's not able to combine steam dataset and SQL Server data in one dataset/report.

To work around the issue, you can pin the visuals from the report created from SQL Server to the same dashboard which contains tile from Azure Stream Analytics.

Or you can create another output of Azure Stream Analytics, for example, SQL database, which is a supported data source in Power BI desktop. Then you can create a pbix get data from this new output (SQL database) and a batch table from SQL Server to create a report. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @juanito,

It's not able to combine steam dataset and SQL Server data in one dataset/report.

To work around the issue, you can pin the visuals from the report created from SQL Server to the same dashboard which contains tile from Azure Stream Analytics.

Or you can create another output of Azure Stream Analytics, for example, SQL database, which is a supported data source in Power BI desktop. Then you can create a pbix get data from this new output (SQL database) and a batch table from SQL Server to create a report. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors