Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zbaker83
Frequent Visitor

Help with conversion matrix in Power Query

I have a list of Values coming from a source SQL. This list of values is related to a Sales Order and is not in the a "clean" format for configuration buidling. My idea is to have a table as follows:

zbaker83_1-1701214869171.png

Where the data represents a single designed configuration of values based on the Sales Order. Example in row 1,

for "-S01" the values are "65K AIC SYM", "50 DEGREES C", etc.

I then want to convert this using values that are "clean" in my opinion. For this, I have a value to value conversion table. For example, the value "65K AIC SYM" converts to "65K".

My final table I would like to look like this:

Col 1 Row 1 = hmb-->65K AIC SYM//50 DEGREES C//...

Col 2 Row 1 = hmb-->65K//50C//...

This will allow Col 1 to relate to my customer sales orders and Col 2 to relate to my configuration. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been stuck on this for some time.

1 REPLY 1
AlienSx
Super User
Super User

hello, @zbaker83 first you need to wrap your replacements into a record with "old" values as record fields and "new" values as field values like [65K AIC SYM = 65K, 50 DEGREES C = 50C, ...]. You can create this manually but better to create this table in Excel. This should be table with 2 columns: Name and Value. Then load it to PQ and apply Record.FromTable function to this table.

rec = Record.FromTable(rec_tbl)

this gives you your record. Then use it in Record.FieldOrDefault function like this:

new_col = Table.AddColumn(
        data_table, "my_configuration",
        (x) =>
            [lst = Splitter.SplitTextByAnyDelimiter({"//", "/"})(x[data]),
            tx = List.Transform(lst, (w) => Record.FieldOrDefault(rec, w, w)),
            txt = Text.Combine(tx, "//")][txt]
    )

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors