Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Filtered Rows against View native query

Hi,

When i apply "Filtered Rows" in Query Editor the "View native query" is greyed out when I right click on the Applied step!!

This means that the query folding will not take effect at this step in the server and therefore the hard work will be done by my desktop and of course more time is consumed.

Is there a solution to this?  

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aj1973 ,

Now, if I introduce a new transform like Capitalize Each Word, which we know Query Folding doesn’t support, notice that the option to View Native Query is disabled.

This also means any transform that we add after this one will not be folded and the View Native Query option will continue to be disabled.  However, don’t forget that queries can be partially folded, which means any transform that was applied prior to this unsupported function will still be folded and will allow you to use the View Native Query option.

]

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @v-frfei-msft 

I already know what you are saying and it is not the answer.

I can reply to my propre question now because i found out the answer: the ODBC driver 32 bits i am using to connect to the source does not support Native query(query folding). I used different type of connectivity and it worked.

So the question would be for Microsoft entreprise to answer it and may be to fix the issue for ODBC driver users.

Thanks  

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

ctbtop
Frequent Visitor

Hello @aj1973 

what have you done?

I've the same problem, i'm using sqlite3 64 bit odbc driver  and after filtering native query is disable.

Thank you.

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi there,

I am using an ODBC 32 Bit to connect to a PostgreSQL DB. Until now i am not sure which one of them is not compatible with Power BI in order to enable filtering native query. 

A work around i did is I wrote a SQL Statement directly into the source of the Table in Power query Editor.

Also you can write an M code using the advanced editor in Query Editor: 

let
Source = Odbc.Query("dsn=DB", "select ""ACCT_NO"",#(lf) ""TRANS_NO"",#(lf) ""MF_TRAN"",#(lf) ""TRAN_DATE""#(lf)from ".........
in
Source

For me it worked good, the loading time was cut down by 26 mins.

Good luck and let me know if this will work for you or maybe a new solution came along.

Thanks  

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors