Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

coliveira03_
Frequent Visitor

Dax expression to Power Query M

Hi there,

I am new to power query M language, and having a bit of dificulty on finding a way to write the following dax on the power query as a new column 
I have tried many ways, and that is vital to make a filter on my query and get only the data I need

I do appreciete any help

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Status =
var index1 = CALCULATE(SUM(Folder[Hooley Index]),
    FILTER(Folder,Folder[FolderNumber]=EARLIER(Folder[FolderNumber])))
return
index1
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hi @coliveira03_ ,
this is easiest to be done through the UI in Power Query. You group on "FolderNumber" and add 2 aggregation fields: One with the sum of column "Hooley Index" and another that returns all fields from the partitions (Operation: "All rows"). You expand all these columns out afterwards.

1) Check the column "FolderNumber" -> rightclick mouse and check "Group By"

2) Click on advanced and do 2 aggregations:

a) Sum on "Hooley Index" as "index1" and

b) "All rows"- operation with any string in "New column name" that you like.

3) Expand out the columms from the "All rows" aggregation

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hi @coliveira03_ ,
this is easiest to be done through the UI in Power Query. You group on "FolderNumber" and add 2 aggregation fields: One with the sum of column "Hooley Index" and another that returns all fields from the partitions (Operation: "All rows"). You expand all these columns out afterwards.

1) Check the column "FolderNumber" -> rightclick mouse and check "Group By"

2) Click on advanced and do 2 aggregations:

a) Sum on "Hooley Index" as "index1" and

b) "All rows"- operation with any string in "New column name" that you like.

3) Expand out the columms from the "All rows" aggregation

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors