Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Daveh1983

Date search

Hi all,

I'm very new to power query and wanted to ask for some help. I have columns in power query with start and end dates. What I want to do is if the date is within certain peramaters to bring back a number , for example 

If date is  in-between dates xxx  and xxx then value is x or if date is between xxx and xxx then value is y 

I know I'm probably being stupid but you guys seem to be the ones to ask

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Syk
Super User
Super User

You can use a custom column to compare multiple values. It doesn't have a gui to help out but the logic should be pretty simple to follow. Check out this post which has similar requirements and an example.
Solved: Power query If submit date between start date and ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Syk
Super User
Super User

You can use a custom column to compare multiple values. It doesn't have a gui to help out but the logic should be pretty simple to follow. Check out this post which has similar requirements and an example.
Solved: Power query If submit date between start date and ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Thank you for your help, that's perfect. 

Syk
Super User
Super User

You can create a conditional column and set whatever parameters work for you. Without more information it's a bit tough to help further than that!

Hi Syk,

Thanks for replying. I did look at conditional column however it appears to be just a single date rather then be able to select a date range which is what I need. (Apologies I didn't explain very well) 

I want to bring back a value for certain date ranges. Let's say between start date of 1/2/2023 and the end date of 1/3/2023 I want the value 12 to appear in the new column. If the date range falls between start date 1/4/2023 and the end date  1/5/2023 I want the value 20 to appear in the new column. 

Does that make more sense? Apologies for my poor explanation.

Cheers 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors