Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SebasUrdi1998

Data changes in Sharepoint not being reflected in PBI

Hi, 

I have a dashboard which has as source an excel file located in sharepoint. I made a small number change in the excel file but this one is not being reflected in the PBI.
In excel- sharepoint is:

SebasUrdi1998_1-1677063224986.png

But in Pbi does not update:

SebasUrdi1998_0-1677063156296.png

I tried to clear cache, clear the permissions and made sure connections & data types are correct; however, it didnt work out to solve the problem. 

Is there any other possible solution ?

3 REPLIES 3
VishalJhaveri
Resolver III
Resolver III

In Power BI, can you try closing and opening the report and refreshing the data.
Also, you can try it navigate to Power Query and reconnect and refresh the data source fromm Power Query.
Also make sure the data coming in Power Query or Power BI is not getting filtered in anyway.
To do this create a new page and plot some columns in a table visual from the Excel table in Power BI.

Thank you. 
If my answer helps you, please mark it as solution. 

Thank you for your suggestions, however, it is not getting updated yet!

Hello. 
Can you make another Excel file in SharePoint and store only that record which does not show in Power BI. 
Import that Excel file in Power BI. And check whether or not the data is being shown now or not.

PS: Might be a weird suggestion but try this.
Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors