Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bammyd36
Frequent Visitor

Data appears twice in power query

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with my data. When I get new data from my data source (Athena), it duplicates itself in power query. Right after the last row, the same data appears again from the beginning so instead of having 100 rows I get 200 rows. I've tried to delete the table and connect to the data again but the data still appears twice right from the Navigation step. 

I can't remove duplicates because there is no unique identifier that I can use.

Can you please help?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
RocketRod
Frequent Visitor

Verify your data source doesn't have duplicated data. If the source is Excel delete all the rows in the workbook after the last know row.

If that doesn't fix it post your m code. Also if it's duplicating the data, select all columns and click Remive Duplicates....however that's a poor band aid as you really want to find the root cause of the duplicates.

View solution in original post

Thank you for your suggestion.

The problem was from the data source so I corrected it from there and added index column.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bammyd36 ,

1. 1. If each row is unique, consider using Table.Distinct ()

2. Consider adding an index column in your data source.

If that still doesn't solve the problem, consider publishing the code in the advanced editor, taking care to remove the data source information, we need to know how it is queried.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

Thank you for your suggestion.

The problem was from the data source so I corrected it from there and added index column.

RocketRod
Frequent Visitor

Verify your data source doesn't have duplicated data. If the source is Excel delete all the rows in the workbook after the last know row.

If that doesn't fix it post your m code. Also if it's duplicating the data, select all columns and click Remive Duplicates....however that's a poor band aid as you really want to find the root cause of the duplicates.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors