Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

ARAFATH

Data Connection with LFS Software

Any one out there to help me to connect Power bi with LFS(WMS software from EPG) .I want the  step by step explanation as i am getting the error like this 

ARAFATH_0-1718277742760.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ARAFATH ,

This error typically indicates a problem with network connectivity or DNS resolution between your Power BI environment and the LFS system.
There are a number of possible reasons for this. I can offer a few suggestions:
Please ensure that the machine where Power BI is installed can reach the LFS system. You can do this by pinging the LFS server from the command line.
Make sure that any firewalls between the Power BI environment and the LFS system are configured to allow traffic on the necessary ports.
Confirm that the DNS name of the LFS system is correctly resolved from the Power BI environment. You might want to try using the IP address of the LFS system instead of its DNS name in your connection settings to see if that works.

I found the following links which may be useful to you:
Lesson Learned #278: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available - Mi...
Solved: Azure Transport-Level Error - Microsoft Fabric Community
sql - TCP Provider: The specified network name is no longer available - Stack Overflow
Unable to connect to Azure SQL Server with SSMS. Error: The specified network name is no longer avai...

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ARAFATH ,

This error typically indicates a problem with network connectivity or DNS resolution between your Power BI environment and the LFS system.
There are a number of possible reasons for this. I can offer a few suggestions:
Please ensure that the machine where Power BI is installed can reach the LFS system. You can do this by pinging the LFS server from the command line.
Make sure that any firewalls between the Power BI environment and the LFS system are configured to allow traffic on the necessary ports.
Confirm that the DNS name of the LFS system is correctly resolved from the Power BI environment. You might want to try using the IP address of the LFS system instead of its DNS name in your connection settings to see if that works.

I found the following links which may be useful to you:
Lesson Learned #278: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available - Mi...
Solved: Azure Transport-Level Error - Microsoft Fabric Community
sql - TCP Provider: The specified network name is no longer available - Stack Overflow
Unable to connect to Azure SQL Server with SSMS. Error: The specified network name is no longer avai...

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors