Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Eric79
Frequent Visitor

D365 Odata Error on Power BI using Filter

Eric79_0-1678715639130.png

This error only shows up on certain columns. I am at a 50% success rate. Is this is a known issue or is the code wrong? It could be an issue with D365 but not sure which way to test or fix. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
MaizaImen

Hello Eric,

did you manage to solve this? I have the same problem.

I found an article that says filters on dataareaid don't always work. That is the best information I found and went a different direction. 

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Eric79 

I don't have much knowledge in D365, so I'm not sure if D365 can accept the following parameter value in the URL. Are you sure this is supported? Do you have any documentation link about this?  

vjingzhang_0-1678677072151.png

If you remove all paramters from the URL, are you able to get data from the basic URL? If it's possible, you can try filtering rows using Power Query instead of passing filters in the URL. 

Filter by values in a column - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Standard Odata works with D365. Here is the documentation and it works on many tables and columns. Not sure if it is an entity configuration issue in D365 or Power BI error. It is a large dataset so I would like to filter it before it is imported. The query times prevent refresh if not.

Using Filter Expressions in OData URIs - Business Central | Microsoft Learn

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors