Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Phantomiceman
Frequent Visitor

Connecting Power Bi to HubSpot Api

I am currently working at builidng a report in power bi that reports on the performance one of our hubspot email campaigns. For this I am trying to come up with an automated solution that will pull email campaign data from HubSpot into Power Bi. Currently this process invovles downloading a bunch data of exports from HubSpot as xlsx files, which can be tedious as a long term solution.I have tried using the Power BI connector on the the HubSpot market place (datawarehouse.io) and on the whole it does have alot of the information I require,however one fundemental column thats missing from the data that is available on the export and the API is the smtp id that groups all activities to a particular send. As we re-use the same email campaign each month as its part of an automated workflow therefore one receipeint could receive multiple emails from us from that campign, its essential we have this peice of information otherwise we are not able to accuratley identifty how many times a particular email has been opened, clicked etc.I am now currently looking at the email marketing API as this will be free to use(I want to try and save on cost if possible), however im new to this and im struggling to get much progress on it. I have tried to follow this post https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Developer/Pull-data-from-Hubspot-into-PBI-via-API/m-p/2206...  as im experiencing a similar problem but im still getting the same error as they are. I have read that people are stuggling to get to this to work after a change by HubSpot to private apps.Ideally I need a solution that will be able to loop through this API https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/email/get_events as it will only return a 1000 records at a time and I need the all campaign email event data for the current and previous year.

1 REPLY 1
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Phantomiceman ,

After my testing, it's harder to try to implement the feature entirely in Power Query. My suggestion is to pull the missing columns you mentioned individually using another programming language, and continue to pull the rest of the normal ones using this method, and finally merge Queries in Power Query, which is probably the easiest solution at the moment.

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors