Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

HenrikW73
Regular Visitor

Clickdimensions connection issue

Hi,

New Power BI user here. I'm trying to connect PBI and ClickDimensions. However I get the below error message when installing.

I fill in the Data Center part (EU), but the it seems to skip the authentification-step where I fill in my login details:

We couldn't install ClickDimensions
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: 62d9edfc-e5eb-482b-81dd-ed18660f2638
Correlation ID: 5d010bac-24b4-3609-24f9-8c15011a980b
Request ID: 5a4d4b26-b624-b5fd-9f64-d9fb7f3ea241
Status code: 400
Time: Wed Sep 12 2018 13:25:05 GMT+0200 (Centraleuropæisk sommertid)
Version: 13.0.6700.151
Cluster URI: https://wabi-europe-north-b-redirect.analysis.windows.net

I hope someone can help with this. Will be greatly appreciated. 🙂

12 REPLIES 12
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@HenrikW73,

Please clear cache and stored password in your web browser, then sign in Power BI Service and import clickDimension content pack, check if you can fill in the credential. Alternatively, you can use in-private window of your web browser to sign in Power BI Service.

There is a blog about how to connect to clickDimension content pack for your reference. If you still get errors, please download PBIX file based on your data center in this blog, and check if you can edit credential in the PBIX file.

https://support.clickdimensions.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001162553-Power-BI-Content-Pack

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

Following your advice and reading the blog post you linked to, I managed to get to the credentials login screen. However, even after submitting my login credentials, ClickDimensions still won't install. I now get the following error. Any idea for a next step?

We couldn't install ClickDimensions
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Message: OData: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (An error has occurred.) Table: Visit.
Activity ID: b83bc3c7-d0e1-40d8-8f57-6a45972a8402
Correlation ID: ea86356b-0fcb-ca25-3ede-7f9a32761f9c
Request ID: 90cbb922-2533-ba89-c798-12692a366f38
Status code: 400
Time: Thu Sep 13 2018 09:44:05 GMT+0200 (Centraleuropæisk sommertid)
Version: 13.0.6617.115
Cluster URI: https://wabi-europe-north-b-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Kind regards, Henrik

@HenrikW73,

Please follow the detailed steps in this blog to enter credential in the PBIX file, and check if you get get data in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry for my daftness in reading that blog properly before. I did now, and sadly nothing changed. Below, is the error I get now.

Kind regards, Henrik Wolff

@HenrikW73,

Please use fiddler to trace the process and post fiddler trace log here.

Regards,
Lydia

Hi Lydia,

I have created a Fiddler log, but how do I post it without attaching a file, which I don't seem able to do in a post?

Best regards, Henrik Wolff

@HenrikW73,

You can upload the log through OneDrive.

Regards,

Lydia

First one was made going through the cloud version. Here is the Fiddler file for going through Desktop-version: https://danthermglobal-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/henrik_wolff_dantherm_com/EZZd6aoMFzhEiPvEXC... Best regards, Henrik Wolff

@HenrikW73,

What is the result when you use PBIX file?

Regards,
Lydia

It simply opens a ClickDimensions canvas in Power BI Desktop with empty data. Is this what is supposed to happen? Nowhere was I prompted to fill in credentials of any kind. I have to admit, at first I thought I was supposed to use my personal login credentials, but after reading the blog post I realized, I needed to use the ClickDimensions account key and the Power token within CD. However, changing to those did not make any difference. I was still unable to install ClickDimensions in the cloud verson. Getting the below error message: We couldn't install ClickDimensions There was an error when processing the data in the dataset. Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details. Message: OData: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (An error has occurred.) Table: Visit. Activity ID: b83bc3c7-d0e1-40d8-8f57-6a45972a8402 Correlation ID: 9fc77567-e3a5-c26e-5dcf-06fe37e10f21 Request ID: b915dc6c-7327-7349-66e2-592bb9c5e061 Status code: 400 Time: Thu Sep 13 2018 13:13:06 GMT+0200 (Centraleuropæisk sommertid) Version: 13.0.6617.115 Cluster URI: https://wabi-europe-north-b-redirect.analysis.windows.net Kind regards, Henrik

Hi Lydia, At first I didn't find any PBIX-file, but this was because I had only used and looked after the online version of Power BI until this point. I have now downloaded the desktop version, then the PBIX-file, and what happens when i open the file is that Power BI opens a canvas with a ClickDimensions graphic and some empty data reports. Was this what was supposed to happen? Disclaimer: When I initially posted this topic I had used my personal CRM login credentials for Power BI, when trying to Get Data. I later realized that I was supposed to use the account key and Power BI token from within ClickDimensions (embarrassed...). However, this changed nothing. Was still unable to install. Error text was this: We couldn't install ClickDimensions There was an error when processing the data in the dataset. Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details. Message: The command has been canceled. Table: PostedForm. Activity ID: b83bc3c7-d0e1-40d8-8f57-6a45972a8402 Correlation ID: eb7858a5-198b-98a3-fe74-ae85a1a98f3d Request ID: eac48557-6e80-9406-a1ed-d6297643b928 Status code: 400 Time: Thu Sep 13 2018 11:53:34 GMT+0200 (Centraleuropæisk sommertid) Version: 13.0.6617.115 Cluster URI: https://wabi-europe-north-b-redirect.analysis.windows.net Kind regards, Henrik

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors