Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlexJ01
Helper I
Helper I

Can't find document Approval Status

Hi there,

I'm pulling data from a Sharepoint Document Library, but for some reason I am unable to find a field that reports the document's approval status (eg. draft, pending, approved). All of the other columns I need appear, but not that. Any advice? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @AlexJ01 - this is good question.  In Power Query, there are 2 connectors

You will use the first to content to SharePoint to find the Binary files in the [Content] column.  When you content to the Site Collection please note that it will contain every document in that Site, so make use you use the FolderPath to select the correct Library and Folder.

Source = SharePoint.Files( #"URL for Site Collection" , [ApiVersion=15])

You can use the second to get SharePoint lists... and a Library is just a List of documents!  This list will contain the properties like person, status, but it does not documents.  When you use the below, you will be presented with a Table for all the elements in SharePoint, the Library should appear on the one of the rows.  Just expand the Table to see the List perpective of the documents.

Source = SharePoint.Table( "URL for Site Collection" , [Implementation="2.0"])

The two tables can be joined using the Name of the document.  Yes - it is annoying the GUID is not available in both result, so be careful with duplicates.

View solution in original post

HI  - it should appear on the SharePoint.Tables.   You might need to change the "VeiwMode" to include all columns:

SharePoint.Table( URL, [Implementation = "2.0", ViewMode = "All"] ) 

The following is an example of a Document Library I have just created and "All" the metadata columns that can be obtained from the List using SharePoint.Tables.  Is it possible that Column has a different name on background compared to the UI?

DarylLynchBzy_0-1667386253776.png

@AlexJ01

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AlexJ01
Helper I
Helper I

Hello! Thank you for your help. I've treid using the two different connectors as you suggested above, but "Approval Status" still does not show in any columns. I've added a screenshot below of the column I need.

AlexJ01_0-1667382796416.png

HI  - it should appear on the SharePoint.Tables.   You might need to change the "VeiwMode" to include all columns:

SharePoint.Table( URL, [Implementation = "2.0", ViewMode = "All"] ) 

The following is an example of a Document Library I have just created and "All" the metadata columns that can be obtained from the List using SharePoint.Tables.  Is it possible that Column has a different name on background compared to the UI?

DarylLynchBzy_0-1667386253776.png

@AlexJ01

Thank you, that's done it! Much appreciated!

Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @AlexJ01 - this is good question.  In Power Query, there are 2 connectors

You will use the first to content to SharePoint to find the Binary files in the [Content] column.  When you content to the Site Collection please note that it will contain every document in that Site, so make use you use the FolderPath to select the correct Library and Folder.

Source = SharePoint.Files( #"URL for Site Collection" , [ApiVersion=15])

You can use the second to get SharePoint lists... and a Library is just a List of documents!  This list will contain the properties like person, status, but it does not documents.  When you use the below, you will be presented with a Table for all the elements in SharePoint, the Library should appear on the one of the rows.  Just expand the Table to see the List perpective of the documents.

Source = SharePoint.Table( "URL for Site Collection" , [Implementation="2.0"])

The two tables can be joined using the Name of the document.  Yes - it is annoying the GUID is not available in both result, so be careful with duplicates.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors