Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kev_sav
Regular Visitor

Slicer updated on the desktop doesn't get updated on the mobile layout view

Hello,

I have a single select slicer for selecting the fiscal quarter.  When we head into new quarter of the year I need to select the new quarter available in the slicer and republish my report. Strange thing I noticed is that on the desktop view the quarter gets updated, but on the mobile layout view, its still showing the old quarter. 

What i meant to say is that the any update made to the slicer in the desktop view, doesn't get reflected in the mobile layout view. 

Another thing i noticed is that apart from the Quarter slicer, i have few other slicers. While any changes made to the other slicers in the desktop view gets updated on the mobile view. The issue is only with one single quarter slicer. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Maya,

Even the app doesn't accept the update. As i mentioned i've removed the slicer and added it back which seems to have fixed it, due to which i'm unable to reproduce the issue. I'll reach back to mobile support if i see the issue again in the new quarter.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Interesting - this is the second issue with single select slicers that popped up recently.  Another one is that single select slicers are incompatible with RLS.

In your case you should be able to mitigate by clearing the mobile app cache.

Hi @lbendlin , 

I don't think this could be a cache issue as I see this issue even before i publish it to the Power BI Service. That is, when i update the slicer selection to the new quarter in the Desktop layout view  and switch to Mobile layout view, i see that the new selection is not reflected in the Mobile layout view. 
Although i have RLS functionality enabled i am not sure if that is causing any issue.

The temporary fix that I have discovered is that to remove the slicer and add it back. This seems to be working for now.

Hey @kev_sav ,

We are looking into this.

Any chance you can

1) check the actual mobile app, and let us know if the app accepts the update?

2) share a sample report (pbix) demonstrating the issue? you can send it using Power BI Mobile Support <mpbisup@microsoft.com>.

Thanks, Maya

Hi Maya,

Even the app doesn't accept the update. As i mentioned i've removed the slicer and added it back which seems to have fixed it, due to which i'm unable to reproduce the issue. I'll reach back to mobile support if i see the issue again in the new quarter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors