Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rinatGil
Helper I
Helper I

problem with the Incremental refresh with the Power BI

Hi,

In connector that has one entry point:

[DataSource.Kind="Solar", Publish="Solar.Publish"]

shared Solar.Contents = () =>

I tried to add a parameter to this root function like

shared Solar.Contents = (optional RangeStart as datetime) =>

and use this parameter in our code

This seems as compiled successfully, which is great, and lead to an option that our connector can get external parameter (like RangeStart that we can declared in Power Query Editor Manage Parameters)

In Power BI Desktop it works fine when I add the parameter in the call to our connecter:

When I refresh the report – its use the RangeStart value. Which is great also.

27a4813e_1 2.png

But – when I tried to publish a report based on this model based on this connector to Power BI service with the RangeStart paraeter – its lead to not working dataset – and raise an error

rinatGil_3-1686628000344.png

If I remove the parameter from the root, the error does not raised

I haven’t set the incremented refresh on the model yet, but even when I add incremented refresh setting – its lead to same error.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
LiranRom
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @lbendlin 

Thanks for your feedback,

Why do we need to use RelativePath and Query ? where in the documentaion it ask to do that?

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/incremental-refresh-configure
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/incremental-refresh-troubleshoot#configuring...

Nothing will work unless you specify both RangeStart and RangeEnd in your filter? where it is also mentioned as a must to use in the connector? What if I need it to be since RangeStart till now?

Thanks

You may need to use RelativePath to avoid issues with service refresh. RangeEnd is absolutely required but can be a date in the future.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You are missing two things.

1.  you need to change your source query to make it non-dynamic.  Have a look at the documentation for Web.Contents - it has great examples of how to use RelativePath and Query

2. you are missing the RangeEnd filter. It is critical for Incremental refresh. Nothing will work unless you specify both RangeStart and RangeEnd in your filter.

Hi @lbendlin 

I've changed the Web Contents to have RelativePath and Query

Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 17.03.30.png

It leads to same error

That part of the code looks good. Please provide more details.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.