Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JimmyCruyp
Helper II
Helper II

does the r or python visuals of power bi appear in the power point extract?

does the r or python visuals of power bi appear in the power point extract?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just read your question about the 2D box plot and have provided a potential solution for you. Hopefully this may give you some opportunities for solving the corellation plot in a similar manner.

Good luck,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Give it a try yourself.  Is this on the desktop or in the service?

I work on desktop but the goal is to deploy it on service. If somebody can answer it it will help me a lot.

Hi @JimmyCruyp,

If you're talking about exporting a report to PowerPoint when in the service, the documentation lists the limitations for you. R & Python visuals will not display in this export.

Regards,

Daniel

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Thank you very much Daniel. That's what I thought. Is there a possibility to create a graph in R or Python and save it on the market place so that it can then appear on the power point?

You're not able to submit Python visuals to AppSource. There is limited support for R-based visuals through the TypeScript SDK and you're therefore possible to submit an AppSource visual, but the limitations are the same due to how R runs in the Service.

Regarding AppSource visuals and PowerPoint export, only certified AppSource visuals work here (also mentioned in linked doc), so this is a lot of effort to go to for a specific use case. You will need to request for it be certified and ensure that all requirements are met before MS will award that status. It's totally achievable (I've done it with 3 visuals) but not something that takes a few hours to sort out.

Stepping back a sec, why specifically do you need R and/or Python visuals to solve your current challenge? Is there anything that these options are offering you that cannot be achieved using the existing core or custom visuals (or even certified bespoke visual designers like Charticulator, Deneb or PlotlyJS)?

Thank you very much. You saved me a lot of time. I need the double box plot.Capture d’écran 2023-02-16 172923 (1).pngcorrelation.png

I didn't find it anywhere. I even asked the question on the forum to know how to create it or if someone knew if it existed but for the moment no answer. And later I will need the graph correlation. Which according to me before was on the market place but has disappeared. So maybe I'll have to create it in R and run it through the process you described. Hoping I get there...

I just read your question about the 2D box plot and have provided a potential solution for you. Hopefully this may give you some opportunities for solving the corellation plot in a similar manner.

Good luck,

Daniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors