Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

annaY
Regular Visitor

Subset my data frame in power bi

Hi all,

I am trying to implement a custom plot in PBI, which runs 100% without issues in R on my machine, and am running into a lot of isses. I've originally created a data table for the data in R, but have exported it out as a csv file for PBI. My questions:

1) Is there a way for me to run my original data.table() script to make the data table in PBI? When I try that in the R script editor, I get the following error: "No image was created. The R code didn't reseult in the creation of any visuals. Make sure your R script results in a plot to the R default device."

This seems to imply that I need to go with my original approach of using the csv file?

2) I need to subset my data frame to make one layer at a time in ggplot2. In R this works, but when I run my R script in PBI I get errors. As an example, the code below works:

library(ggplot2)
ggplot() +
   geom_line(aes(x = my_date, y = value, lty = variable),
                     col = 'lightblue',
                       size = 1.0,
                      data = dataset)

But when I add a subset to the data frame it doesn't work any more!

ggplot() +
   geom_line(aes(x = my_date, y = value, lty = variable),
                     col = 'lightblue',
                       size = 1.0,
                      data = dataset[variable == "Plan"])

Here "Plan" is one level of my factor 'variable' (variable is the name of the column). I get an error as follows: "Error in '[.data.frame'[dataset, variable == "Plan"): object variable not found . Calls geom_line -> layer ->fortify -> [-> [data.frame...execution halted.

Can anyone provide some insight?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.