Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

flennon
Frequent Visitor

Rest API time too slow

I've created a test push dataset in power BI. Using Postman, the time it takes to complete the request is roughly 1 second. It varies slightly but seems to be consistently 1 second. I've tried it in both PowerShell and Java, using Java.net's httpsURLconnection Class, but they are not any faster. This is too slow for my purposes. Could anyone advise on what I can do?

image.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

I don't think there is a better way to speed up the REST call.

Things that I can think out is when deploying the Power BI, make sure you have the nearest storage selected.

Read more here:

For tenant location part.

Regards,

Michael

This was my first experience with REST APIs, I didn't realise that you could send multiple rows per POST Request. Once I got the syntax right to send multiple rows, I had no need for multiple POST Requests per second. 

According to this microsoft link , Power BI's REST API is limited to120 POST rows requests per minute per dataset

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.