Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hexeh
Frequent Visitor

Power BI JS API Event Listeners - saveAsTriggered and saved

I'm trying to create possibility for Web App users to Edit and Save Copy of report.

I can track Save and SaveAs events only at saved event. To determine type of the action I need to compare Ids from customEvent detail (for SaveAs event.detail.originalReportObjectId defined, for Save - not).

My questions:

1. Is there any other possibility to determine saving type?
  2. Is there any possibility to see the actual report name (for now event.detail.reportName is empty)?
  3. When does saveAsTriggered event fire?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@hexeh wrote:

I'm trying to create possibility for Web App users to Edit and Save Copy of report.

I can track Save and SaveAs events only at saved event. To determine type of the action I need to compare Ids from customEvent detail (for SaveAs event.detail.originalReportObjectId defined, for Save - not).

My questions:

2. Is there any possibility to see the actual report name (for now event.detail.reportName is empty)?

@hexeh

1. There's a boolean value event.detail.saveAs which indicates a Save or SaveAs event.
  2. For SaveAs event, the event.detail.reportName has the actual name. For Save event, I don't find the name in the event, however I think you can get the actual name along with generating the embeddedtoken from backend.
  3. I don't have further idea on the saveAs Triggered event. I'll consult internally and post back if there comes any update.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@hexeh wrote:

My questions:

@hexeh

1. There's a boolean value event.detail.saveAs which indicates a Save or SaveAs event.
  2. For SaveAs event, the event.detail.reportName has the actual name. For Save event, I don't find the name in the event, however I think you can get the actual name along with generating the embeddedtoken from backend.
  3. I don't have further idea on the saveAs Triggered event. I'll consult internally and post back if there comes any update.

Hi @Eric_Zhang , can we have any update on saveAsTriggered event in powerbi embed application.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors